How to Vote Absentee – 4 Simple Steps
- Online: As of October 23rd, the easiest way to request your ballot is through the state’s website.
- By Mail: you can fill out a paper copy and mail it back to your local registrar’s office directly. You can look up your registrar’s mailing address here.
- By Fax or Email: you can return the completed and signed form to your local registrar’s office by fax or scanned attachment to an email. For a list of local registrar contact information please click here.
To track the status of your absentee ballot request, you can use the Citizen Portal. Enter the required information and click “Submit.”
Once you receive your ballot, carefully review the instructions and return it via three ways:
- By Mail: it must be postmarked on or before election day and received by your general registrar’s office by noon on the third day following the election.
- In Person: return your ballot to your local general registrar’s office by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day.
- Drop Box/Satellite Location: a voter may also return their absentee ballot to a drop-off location or satellite location. For more information, review the absentee instructions provided in your absentee ballot mailing.